Making appointments should not be hard! At Cheung’s Tailor Alterations we want to make it as simple as possible. Please do not walk-in without an appointment, for repairs calling during this time to avoid overlap, here’s our COVID preparedness plan.
For those who haven’t been here before here’s our quick hello!!!!
We’ve been here for 30 years as of Halloween, same location, small family business & Minnesota’s oldest tailors. Just mom, and I. We perform around 6-10 jacket zippers a day, 1,000 hems a month, 4-6 suits a day, 22+ dresses (prom/wedding/bridesmaid) a day, and we work closely with our military members with 3-5 combat uniforms a day so a lot of cool things we are able to do! Just communicate with us your questions. We’d love to hear from you!!
We do our best to respond as soon as possible. Due to quick appointment times please respond as soon as you hear back and you will receive a final confirmation.
***When confirming times are based on Central Standard Time (CST) zone. Please make sure your email settings are set to CST or the appointment time will vary on your end. We will also add it to the calendar invite.
- All dresses please bring any undergarments that you plan to wear with the dress the day of the wedding even if you are looking to have bust cups placed in.
- All dresses please also bring any shoes/ heels/ flats. This does NOT have to be the shoe for the wedding but it does have to be 100% the right height.
- Suits: Please bring in shoes and a dress shirt for your fitting if necessary.
- Read through the Frequently Asked Question page prior to coming in!
- Please do NOT call and follow up if I’ve received your form. It’s a live external system. Forms come in, I manually send out times.
- I do my best to get appointment emails out in 24 hours. Please be patient.
- IF it is a RUSH under 7 days when you call please mention and I’ll give you a time and still fill out the form after.
- Please respect others and events. Do not book for more than 3 weeks out, you can still fill out the form.
- Accept the Google calendar invite, if not it will get booked over by someone else.
Type for appointments*
- Wedding Dress Alterations – leave rings at home, we don’t want you accidentally snagging your dress.
- Prom Dress Alterations – leave rings at home, we don’t want you accidentally snagging your dress.
- Bridesmaid Dress Alterations – leave rings at home, we don’t want you accidentally snagging your dress.
- Military Uniforms needing more than just a hem or take in.
- Custom Projects – T-shirt blankets, Quilts, Suits, Etc.
- More than 3 full suits
- Anything that may be a 30+ minute block