Custom T-shirt blankets are here! Congratulations on choosing the right gift for graduation. Or for those looking for a gift we’ll keep this secret between you and I. We can help you make your ideas come true, with high quality and affordable t-shirt quilts. T-shirt blankets and t-shirt quilts make a great lifetime of memories. At Cheung’s Tailor Alterations we can help you save those old t-shirts into memories. Gifts for college and gifts of a lifetime. It’s also very socially and environmentally impactful!
We try to make this process as simple as possible – we’ll start by saying please don’t cut out your own t-shirt panels. The following are approximations for viewing purposes only. Final measurements are determined by the tailor and yourself on what you’d like to have done. Generally for most blankets we would have you consider several looks first.
How do I want my quilt to look, what style am I hoping to acheive?
- Small inner quilts – where the blanket exceeds the edges. This is generally done for clients who don’t have enough t-shirts or are hoping to just have a larger blanket quilt.
- To the edge – where the t-shirt quilt goes to the edge and highlights the entire t-shirt from side to side.
- Minimal edge and binding – where the blanket has a seam on the edge or you may also add binding to the edge to create a cohesive look.
What size T-shirt blanket do I want?
- Regular Lap Sized T-Shirt Blanket
- Regular Twin Sized T-Shirt Blanket
- Regular Full Sized T-Shirt Blanket
- Regular Queen Sized T-Shirt Blankets
- Regular King Sized T-Shirt Blankets
- Custom Sized.
How many T-shirts to are needed:
- Lap Sized – 16 T-shirts (4×4)
- Twin Sized – 24 T-shirts (4×6)
- Full Sized – 30 T-shirts (5×6)
- Queen Sized – 49 T-shirts (7×7)
- King Sized – 64 T-shirts (8×8)
- Custom Sized – Varies this also is dependent on designs too
How do I start my t-shirt quilt?
- Choose your size T-shirt Blanket
- Search for the number of shirts above