The different materials you wear may vary depending on the season. At Cheung’s Tailor Alterations we would call ourselves four season tailoring, truth is most garments no matter the season can be tailored. They were all a piece of fabric at one point or another. So with weather proof jackets, it may also be windproof, breathable, waterproof or even water resistant. For a lot of your durable wears there are great articles that help explain the different types of weather protection you may need outdoors for the elements.
Cheung’s Tailor Alterations can help with all your outdoor gear needs:
- Backpacking Gear Tailors
- Hiking Gear Tailors
- Mountaineering Gear Tailors
- Rock Climbing Gear Tailors
- Urban Cycling Gear Tailors
- Outdoors Canoeing/ Kayaking Gear Tailors
- Outdoor outerwear Tailors
Here are some of the most common alterations:
- Garment Repairs
- Patching holes on jackets, coats, and winter gear
- Hemming sleeves on jackets
- New Zippers on Jackets
- New Elastic on pants and cuffs
- Shortening Sleeves and cuffs
- Repairing the hoodie
- New Velcros on sleeves and hoodie
- Total modifications: Generally on Snow gear if it’s too small we are able to enlarge and add materials to the side, new zippers, and fabric.
- New zippers for pockets, front, hoodie or sides may include main zippers, pits zippers, fly zippers, and possibly replacing just the zipper head.
*This is only a small list of what we are able to do, please let us know if you think of something else.
We are Cheung’s Tailor.