With thousands of various styles for wedding dresses there will always be the creative minds out there that wish something certain could be performed on their dress. But lets just think about the 5 most popular requests that we have performed alterations for the past decade. Then we’ll look at another 5 different minor alterations you may also think about on your dress. We’re here to help you brainstorm!
- Wedding Dress Bust Alterations – The chest area: Depending on the types and style of your dress our professional tailoring services have restyled the front of dresses from new beading, lace work as well as turning them into sweetheart and other shapes. The intricacies of restyling are not simple especially if your dress has beading, lace or a thin layer on top. Our suggestion is to find a tailor nearby that certainly has a portfolio to show for the work they are able to perform.
- Expert Wedding Dress Waistline Alterations – Things are not meant to fix you perfectly. That is the truth. Any garment piece off of the rack is meant to be tailored to become more form fitting. We always love the stories at the tailor shop when clients come in and say “my pants we’re really expensive, but they did not come with a hem!” The proper explanation I say, is you may be a 30 inch waist and 5 foot 6 inch or you may be a 30 inch waist and 6 foot tall. The hem is meant to be tailored by professionals. Likewise with “custom dresses,” even with measurements we have seen a lot clients who have ordered dresses online and always have issues due to the fact that many shops look at the top 3 things being bust / hips and waistline. This is where you as yourself would you rather have the dress too tight or a little loose for alterations.
- Professional Bridal Gown Hems – Hemming like the prior example for pants are the same for dresses. Do not feel like it’s just you. There are many other individuals other with similar sizes but varying heights. Sometimes you may get away with higher heels but you cannot wear 10 inch heels down the aisle. Let a professional tailor take a look at your wedding dress.
- Wedding Dress Strap Alterations – Shortening straps may be a solution to avoiding hems sometimes. Always remember things on your dress are proportional you alter one thing other things will shift. Such as the underarm hole. This will cause uncomfortableness and irritation on your special day. So if you have a halter top and showing too much bust in the front there are many options to alter your wedding dress. One being shortening the straps or addition of a modesty piece we would insert into your dress.
- Best Wedding Dress Bustling Tailors- Bustle your dress if it’s too long! We will discuss the various types of bustles in another blog but always you want to bustle your dress if it’s too long. It may be a simple one or 20 at Cheung’s Tailor Alterations we have professional perform wedding dress bustles on thousands of dresses. One thing to think about is the style of the dress. Many times it’s about the look, sometimes it’s about the actual functionality of the bride not stepping on the dress when she walks down the aisle. Have a professional tailor pin your dress to perfection to visualize your bustles and check out our blog later about bustles.
To the next girl searching for their wedding dress to be professionally tailored. We encourage you to first get your body measurements performed prior to searching for your wedding dress. As to fit, for the wedding dress ensure that the bust and waist fits well in most part of your body and worry about the hem later. Check out part 2 of what other brides have had alterations done.